The boys had no idea what to think when we attempted to start feeding them rice cereal mixed with some formula to make it very soupy!
Will with the boys before the fun started! If you look closely you can see Will's deployment moustache. Should be interesting to see what that looks like at the end.
At first it appears that Jackson might really like his first taste of food, but
that quickly changes! I love his face of disgust in this picture!
After seeing what Jackson just went through....Cole doesn't even want to look at Will holding the spoon!
Then it starts to appear that Cole does like the cereal! YAY!
Then we attempt to give Jackson another turn in case he just needed a second chance to figure out he does like this soupy white stuff!
Cole's face says it all.....NO RICE CEREAL FOR US!
Jackson's 2nd taste went over as good as the first :)
Cole really doesn't like the cereal and ends up spitting all the cereal up all over his shirt.From the videos and pictures you can see the boys don't quite care for rice cereal. I tried a couple more times in the week following these and they were still refusing the cereal. I started doing some research online and talking with other moms/Navy wives here in Japan and it turns out rice cereal is no longer considered a must for babies! Who knew? My doctor did not say anything about just going from forumla to pureed vegetables! So later this week I will be attempting to make homemade baby food for the boys! Never thought I would ever be doing this, but it is very simple! I just steam the veggies, throw them in a food processor, mix with formula to make it soupy, and then watch the boys enjoy their first tastes of veggies! I am going to start with green beans. I will post pics and videos later this week! Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment